Archive for the 'Mountain Lion' Category
October 25, 2012
Apple posted Mountain Lion update for new macs (new imac, macmini, 13″ rmbp), which was shipped with custom 10.8.1.
The update is 10.8.2 with very fresh video drivers.
Nvidia drivers – 304.10.20f04
AMD drivers has acceleration support for 7xxx series (in amdRadeonAccelerator.kext), but no framebuffer driver for these cards.
P.S. no good news for 6970.
October 24, 2012
The high end new imac has geforce gtx 675MX/680MX which is based on same core as gtx680 (gk104), just with less shaders (960/1536), so:
1) its gonna be beast mac, especialy 680mx, it’s just like desktop’s gtx680, just with lower clocks, ultimate gaming All-In-One computer
2) we will have better gtx670/gtx680 support
September 27, 2012
If you have rare bug with selecting voices in sysprefs, like this one
MLWR init error: 80000012
CFBundle 0×400324040 (not loaded)
Then the fix is easy
sudo rm -rf /Library/Speech/Synthesizers/MultiLingual.SpeechSynthesizer
September 19, 2012
Lets gather fixes!
Looks like nvidia fixed a bug with opencl on gk104
1) LION, openCL on 2gb+ cards, this fix still works – http://netkas.org/?p=1161
2) LION, itunes panic on 6970/6950 fix – http://www.multiupload.nl/FK2ZMT6BQY
3) MOUNTAIN LION, openCL on 2gb+ cards, this fix still works – http://netkas.org/?p=1161
4) MOUNTAIN LION, kernel panic on 6970/6950 fix, cold boot bug still present – http://www.multiupload.nl/KSWWYMSCCF
August 11, 2012
No new graphics drivers there at all.
Only updated: kernel, brcm4331 wifi driver, ioahci , usbcdc kexts and smartbatter .
August 2, 2012
Looks over here – http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1325709. They are patching 32-bit boot.efi to make it loading 64-bit kernel. Obviously such functionality cant be added if it werent present at all. So they just disable the check/lock preventing it. ML on original macpro.
So, greedy Apple, can boot 64-bit kernel on all their macs with 64-bit cpu but decides not to!
July 11, 2012
10.7.5/mbp2012 drivers run opencl on Fermi just fine out of box, no more need to enable it binpatching, but..
If you have a card with more than 2 gb of video memory, opencl suddenly gets disabled, wtf?
Here is why: (warning, assembler skills needed for the pic)
basicaly, if your video ram amount > 2GB by at least 1 byte, then you are screwed.
Funny Apple, they decided to control it themselves instead of putting check in the nvidia driver.
But, we can just disable the check and enjoy.
The file you wanna patch is /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL
Just do these two simple patches you can do with any hex editor and you are good to go:
1) for 32-bit part:
find 3d 01 00 00 80 73 e7
replace with 3d 01 00 00 80 90 90
yes, its just last two bytes to disable the check
2) for 64-bit part, for lion
find ff 50 68 48 39 d8 73 e5
replace with ff 50 68 48 39 d8 90 90
for mountain lion
find ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 73 e7
replace with ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 90 90
P.S. doesnt applies to gtx670/gtx680, they have a different problem
July 10, 2012
Apple just released ML GM, aka what will be the rtm of ML.
Video drivers in lion was slightly updated.
More info will be posted later.
1) they have cleaned ML, there is not a single kext with 32-bit part anymore.
2) video driver support is same as in dp4: 6970 with a patch and cold boot bug( cmon apple/amd, you had it fixed in dp2 and have it now fixed in lion). Nvidia gtx670/gtx680 works, no GE/aty_init or efi(on a mac needed)