It reminds me good old days of 10.5.2, which brought support for many new vga cards.
So, what’s new in 10.6.2:
- 64-bit kexts for intel graphics
- 64-bit atheros driver
- support for desktop radeonhd 43xx/45xx/46xx (only dvi output works yet, dvi2vga dongle doesnt work) with beta booter(dont forget to unpack before installing;) )
- Bye bye atom, should be fixed as soon as apple releases kernel sources or use kernel&system.kext from 10.6.1
- better opencl support for radeons 4 series, also opencl support for 46xx cards
- Something I forgot to mention
- Radeon users need to use PCEFI 10.4.1 or 10.5, pre 10.4 will cause panic in ATIRadeonX2000.kext
- There is panic with geforce7 cards and 64-bit kernel mode, use 32-bit kernel mode
- New core i5/i7(8xx) is supported by vanilla kernel now.
How to update – it’s easy.
Use any disabler for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, for example – NullCPUPM.kext
, install it to Extra mkext and reboot, of course if you made AppleIntelCPUPM to speedstep your cpu, you can skip this step.
Make backup of your kexts, you might need some.
Remove SleepEnabler.kext if you use it, this is very important step, old sleepenabler + new kernel = panic.
Hit the update button, if you need to edit some kexts AFTER update and BEFORE reboot – download and install update from apple site.
After reboot – re-add your device-ids to kexts where you need it and enjoy.
Updated sleepEnabler for 10.6.2 – link
, I binpatched the old one, so don’t ask for sources, I don’t have them, install(if you want) only AFTER updating.
Radeon 4830/4850/4870×2/4890 users, tired of adding device-id to ATI4800Controller.kext after every update ? Use this kext in Extra mkext.
Also, for atheros users, here is legacy kext for it, to stop thinking about dev-id insertion after every update, we made it together with XyZ, add your dev-id to it in two places and install to Extra mkext, the unique feature of it is ability to load old kext in 32-bit mode and new kext in 64-bit mode, this is needed because some users have problems with signal level and new driver.
Radeon 4830/4870×2/4890 users – you need to install this pkg – qe_ci_exotic_10.6.2
p.p.s. note our new file hosting.