Archive for July, 2009

Beta decrypter for 10a421

Here is beta version of decrypter for 10a421

its not long term solution so will be beta always.

Will work only with 10a421 for now.

It doesnt have any decryption code inside, it only tricks Dont steal MacOSX kext, to make it work on pcs.

Use installer pkg – Installer pkg

Dont move dsmos.kext into /System/Library/Extensions or /Extra, script has to work with kext first, before its loaded(otherwise Kernel Panic). script was created by solar.

After kext loaded, all decryption is done by Dont steal kext, jsut for fun u can unload dsmos.kext and see its still working fine

You must remove any other decrypter (old dsmos/r3d3/appledecrypt) from system before installing pkg.

About Snow kitty 10a421

Dsmos arent working anymore(and its not easy to fix it)

so, you will need decrypted files and install them manualy (until somebody will make installer), dont forget to correct persmissions on files after installing it.

You can find files in #snowleopard, topic, link named decrypts.

PC_EFI V10.1

Just a small fix for booting system without DSDT.aml

system was stalling on motherboards like gigabyte, where bootloader fails to find pointer to acpi 2.0 table, fixed.

if you dont have the problem – no need to update.

bootloader – bootloader

source patch from previous version – patch

install only over chameleon rc1, dont install over rc2.

EFI rom for 4890 for MacPro

I just succesfully created efi rom for 4890.

efi part based on patched 4870 efi rom.

bios part is from msi 4890

since most 4890 based on original amd design, the rom should work with most 4890

edit clocks to the one u have(by default its 880mhz for core) with “Radeon bios editor”


you can make a donation too here

Free Image Hosting at

The rom image – link to rom image

You can use this flashing instruction – .

p.s. rom for 4870×2 is coming soon (for working 1 core)

p.s.s. you will still need patched ATIRadeonX2000.kext from irc to get qe/ci, since apple doenst suport 4890.

A small note about using aty_init for nvidia cards in MacPro

As it was discovered, to use PC nvidia card in macpro with injector (e.g. ATY_Init), need to have “helper” nvidia efi card

it’s 7300gt for macpro1,1/2,1 or gt120 for 3,1/4,1 , also it can be 8800gt

helper card need to have not less than 4x pcie lines

Main card can have all 16 pcie lines

such configuration gives MacPro1,1/2,1 the fastest gpu for MacOS ever 😉

We have found the golden one.

We found a bios for 4850 which allows to have dual-dvi on 4850 in leopard !

Dont worry, no need to flash anything, its all done soft way.

just try the updated aty-init – ATY_init zip

you will still need to use dvi2vga dongle if using only one dvi, but its easy to fix it by using patched motmot (from patched framebuffers in patched_files from irc)

good luck

also updated aty-init makes osx to think vga has 5.0 GT/s link speed, which is normal for pcie v2.0. (PCI cards in sys profiler)

2.5 GT/S, is it really an issue?

Many radeionhd 48×0 and geforce gtx 260/28x owners with pciev2.0 compatible motherboard had notified they have 2.5 GT/S speed link for card (in system profiler -> pci cards)

normal link speed for pcieV2.0 is 5GT/s , 2.5GT/s is a speed of pcieV1, but, maybe its just cosmetic ?

here is part of output from lspci -vv, from pciutils pkg by joblo

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV770 [Radeon HD 4850] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 0502
Capabilities: [58] Express (v2) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk+
ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
LnkSta: Speed 5GT/s, Width x16, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
Capabilities: [a0] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable+
Address: 00000000fee00000 Data: 40a6
Capabilities: [100] #1002

Snow Leopard cmos reset fix

This very annoying bug first appeared in 10a28X build of snow leopard.

Stellarola recently found a fix for it, need to edit RTC section in dsdt.

Since RTC vars located in nvram area, looks like it was overlapping with other nvram vars(in snow leo applertc), so they got corrupted.

the fix is to decrease length of IO segment from 4 to 2.

here is example from my dsdt (gigabyte)

Device (RTC)
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x00, // Alignment
0x02, // Length