Archive for June, 2011
June 25, 2011
A workaround for this bug of osx Lion is using IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.6.7 system.
best fix is adding kernel boot flag npci=0x2000
That’s trash, not drivers:
- cuda doesn’t work
- opencl doesnt work (on fermi)
- no display output with aty_init (ok, not their fault)
June 23, 2011
Just use old update guide
- fermi users – reinstall geforce/nvda kexts from 10.6.7 imac2011 update after installing 10.6.8.
- Got panic from appleintelcpupm kext durring installing (have speedstep activated via dsdt), it could be best to use nullcpupm durring installation.
- New applehda was changed too much, easier to use 10.6.7’s one.
- New IOPCIFamily is same as Lion’s, looking forware to 10.6.8 source release if have problems use old iopcifamily and appleacpiplatform kexts.
- fixed atheros wifi with installing this form 10.6.7 update – /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle
10.6.8 qe_ce_exotic removed
NVidia released fermi drivers for 10.6.8 – link
256.02.25f1 vs 256.02.05f01 from imac’s update, not much changes.
June 22, 2011
Just want to make it clear.
32-bit efi CAN run 64-bit kernel if Apple only would want it.
Just look at hackint0sh world, chameleon is 32-bit bootloader and runs 64-bit kernel.
If hackers can, do you really think apple cant ?
now some technical details to back this up.
What bootloader does (boot.efi or chameleon) is
1) load kernel and mkext(kext cache) to memory
2) construct boot arguments, its just structs, arch-independent
3) pass pointer to boot arguments to kernel via eax register
4) jump to kernel entry point (_start function)
nothing really hard and architecture dependent.
(Read the article)
June 21, 2011
Finder in latest Lion build 11A494a is 64-bit only application
$ file Finder
Finder: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
It could be a mistake by apple or intentional way to force owners of first macbooks/imacs to upgrade.
For hackint0sh it means – end of sse3 emulation on top of sse2, and no Lion for pre-conroe cpus if Finder will use some ssse3 instructions (which all 64-bit cpus used by Apple have).
June 15, 2011
656 or 994 mb.
6970 still not working.
gtx480 has opencl working after applying patch
gtx460 has opencl activated after patch too, but it isnt working with luxmark.
June 14, 2011
Our member Rominator just confirmed it, GF110 based card, Nvidia GeForce GTX570 works in Lion DP4.
He tested it on MacPro using ATY_Init, 32-bit kernel and nvidia “helper” efi card in slot-3.
June 7, 2011
finaly can get framebuffer working on 6970, how: delete ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, works on second boot
its possible to backport this feature from Lion to snow leopard, copy these 4 kexts from lion into snow leo: ATIRadeonX3000.kext ATISupport.kext ATIFramebuffer.kext ATI6000Controller.kext and use this aty_init.
Also, there is now Cayman XT, Cayman pro, gl renderer strings inside ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver, but sadly they arent used, 6970 is still unknown cypress gl renderer(if you recover x3000GLDriver, after booting to gui, and launch glview)
bad news: acceleration on 6970 is still borked, gives a lot of gpu debug dumps, so need to disable it by removing GLDriver bundle
for gf100 nvidia cards still need to apply this patch.