GTX 2xx drivers from EVGA site

This updated drivers work better than the one from quadro4800 disk

the link to them – on evga site

pkg has internal check for computer model (macpro3,1 and macpro4,1)

but did it ever stop somebody ? 😉

fixed pkg linl in comments

Comments

1. Nick
    July 27th, 2009 | 6:29 pm
  2. SatMan
    July 29th, 2009 | 4:15 am

Is anyone successfully using the EVGA GTX 295 Coop (single PCB) working with the injectors and drivers? I’m getting a kernal panic with the injector and drivers installed. Working great with the GTX 260!

3. Paul
    July 29th, 2009 | 7:08 pm

Yeahhh, great news Nick!

Netkas, how can we migrate from the EVGA driver to the official Nvidia driver? Maybe not really useful but… And maybe I will not have the small problem that I need to switch off and on 2 times my monitor when… I don’t know if it’s only when my screensaver starts or if it’s because my monitor is off for many hours or a mix, but at each morning when I go to my computer, I need to do that because if I only switch ON 1 time my monitor, I have sometimes artefacts sometimes full screen of that : http://www.pouet.net/screenshots/24698.gif like I said in my comment #45.

So, can you delete the detection of hardware for the official Nvidia driver, like in EVGA driver, and say to us how migrate (mini-guide) and if it’s really useful. And… a small question: what’s the method to allow us to update the graphic driver at each time, like a “generic patch removal the hardware detection of any nvidia drivers (for GTX260, etc. users)” to apply at the updated driver downloaded before installing. 🙂 Thank you so much for your good work! 😉

4. Nick
    July 30th, 2009 | 4:16 pm

Paul, on evga and nvidia sites are similar dmg’s..
    don’t worry 😉

5. Paul
    July 30th, 2009 | 10:01 pm

Thanks Nick. I thought about it but I was not sure so thanks.
    Anyway, it will be cool to allow us to update the driver without problem (a generic patch for example).

Is there a specific thing to do after installing the driver to activate CUDA (to allow applications to use CUDA)? 🙂

6. Nick
    July 31st, 2009 | 3:17 pm

is there any application for mac that uses CUDA?? 😀 😀

7. Mario
    August 1st, 2009 | 1:14 am

EVGA GTX 295 Co op Edition works! Go to the following URL. I provided the instructions. Begin reading post #235.

Thank you Netkas and folks for this site.

8. Paul
    August 1st, 2009 | 3:58 am

Hum… I don’t know exactly but at least for the future. And probably in Photoshop and others products of Adobe no? I think Adobe has added that in the Windows version of his products at least so maybe… 🙂

9. Nick
    August 1st, 2009 | 1:47 pm

time will show 😉
    may be this function appear in mac apps and it’s video drivers at the same time..

10. Alex
    August 4th, 2009 | 8:45 am

Hi all! I have ideneb 1.5.7 and 275GTX. I install driver from link of this topik.. but after rebooting just blue screen 🙁 If i press reset button at second monitor show me desktop and resterting.. And then again blue screen. In save mode it works right, and my GeForce is correct in system info. Can you help me?

11. Paul
    August 6th, 2009 | 5:48 am

Hi all, I was good for the problem with “1920×1200” not present (only “1920×1080”). It was not the GTX 2xx driver the problem but it was since I installed 10.5.7. Not everybody have this problem but many people. Apple just released the 10.5.8 update and in the description of this one we can see: “an issue that could cause some monitor resolutions to no longer appear in Displays System Preferences.”. 😉

12. heikland
    August 6th, 2009 | 12:20 pm

Hi
    I can confirm that the Official Nvidia drivers works with GTX 260 and GFX EFI string 🙂
    QE/QG supported.
    In order to install the drivers, your Model Identifier has to be MacPro2.2 or higher.
    Use a modified smbios.plist in your /Extra folder 🙂

My rigg: Asus P5Q-E, Intel Quad Q9450, Vanilla OSX 10.5.7 + Chameleon 2.0 RC2

13. heikland
    August 6th, 2009 | 12:49 pm

And it works with OSX 10.5.8 🙂

My rigg: Asus P5Q-E, Intel Quad Q9450, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, Vanilla OSX 10.5.8 + Chameleon 2.0 RC2

14. Nick
    August 6th, 2009 | 8:37 pm

да что ты говоришь))

15. Paul
    August 7th, 2009 | 11:21 am

Do we need to reinstall the Nvidia driver after the installation of the 10.5.8 update? (10.5.7 now)

16. Paul
    August 7th, 2009 | 11:32 am

@heikland: why do you use GTX EFI string? Maybe a simple question but I didn’t need to do that with the EVGA driver (but with the Enabler on the other side, maybe it’s the reason?).

17. Macwolf
    August 8th, 2009 | 8:31 pm

Wow my PNY 260 GTX on my i7 MacPro works fine
    thanks Netkas

18. heikland
    August 9th, 2009 | 6:02 pm

@Paul

I don`t use any Enabler, only official drivers and EFI string. I want to have my hackintosh as “vanilla” as possible 🙂

19. Paul
    August 10th, 2009 | 1:21 am

Thanks for your response heikland. 🙂

Maybe I will test your solution when Nvidia will release a driver update. So we can choose between Enabler or EFI string for the method. But for the driver, ideally we need to use the “SMBIOS Injection method” to set the identifier to “MacPro” and like this we can update the graphic driver without problem and don’t need to download each time a patched driver (with the detection of true mac removed)? 🙂

20. Wozza
    August 12th, 2009 | 4:41 am

You need to patch the original installer on a hackintosh. Right click on the installer app, choose “show package contents” and in there is a few folders. If you dig in there you can find the actual driver installers.
    BTW, after installing the EVGA drivers my 9800 GX2 suddenly started working.

21. Wozza
    August 12th, 2009 | 4:42 am

You DON’T need to patch the installer, is what I meant. D’oh

22. Ceddi
    August 12th, 2009 | 9:03 am

i can’t get my new Zotac 260 gtx Synergy to work with my Asrock-DualSata2 (939).
    The old Geforce 8600 GT worked fine with newest driver and the nkush injector.
    1. i tried to remove all video drivers and injector, then installed the newest nvidia driver and netkas injector -> when i boot without flags, something strange happen. After the apple logo the monitor turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on and show me the background image of leopard and my mouse. i can move the mouse but every 5-10 seconds it change from mouse lag to no mouse lag!!?? i cant see the dock or other things, only background. 3 minutes later a bluescreen with my mouse appeared. When i start with safeboot i can login and see the dock, finder… but i’ve got a crazy mouselag there and no quartz extreme. I can change to all resolutions. the system-profiler shows everything right of the graphic card (only quartz extreme unsopported).
    2. So i removed all injectors and video drivers again, installed latest nvidia drivers and used kasakkas efi string method. with this i can boot with no flags and see all of leopard (dock, finder…) but the mouse lag and no quarz extreme support is there too.
    Please help me, i’ve got no ideas to solve this.

my specifications:
    Mainboard: Asrock DualSata2 (939 Socket)
    Graphic: Zotac 260 GTX Synergy (65nm 192, 896 ram)
    Ram: 2 GB DDR1 200 mhz
    CPU: AMD 4200 X2 (2×2,8 Ghz)

23. albatross83
    August 17th, 2009 | 2:06 am

Paul: I’m having the same problem with no QE/CI. Could you elaborate on DSDT.aml? What is it, where is it located, and what changes do I need to make?

24. Paul
    August 18th, 2009 | 8:54 pm

@Wozza: Thanks. I checked and found 3 .pkg (Display Driver.pkg, OpenGL Driver.pkg, Video Driver.pkg) and in these, nothing special. So the “test to detect hardware” is probably in the “main binary driver file” himself no?

@albatross83: I can’t help you on that, I have changed nothing on DSDT specially for the graphic driver.

25. Paul
    August 18th, 2009 | 9:14 pm

@Wozza:

Ah! In the “Display Driver.pkg” > “Archive.pax.gz” extracted, I have a “Archive.pax” file and in this file extracted, I have all the NV*****.kext! 😀 I just need to copy these files in /Sytem/Library/Extensions and clear cache (or install with Kext Helper of course) to update my driver?

And in the 2 other pkg (“OpenGL Driver.pkg, Video Driver.pkg”), I also have a directory tree with pkg > System > Library > Extensions > “GeForceVADriver.bundle” (for OpenGL Driver.pkg) and many .bundle, few .plugin and 2 .kext (for Video Driver.pkg). I do the same with that? Just copy in my /S/L/E?

And I can update my actual EVGA driver with this technic with a new driver from nvidia.com site when a new driver update will be available (I don’t know if it’s the same driver or a similar driver)? 🙂 (Netkas will probably do a new “topic” if a new driver is available with the technic to update but it’s better if we can do this alone :)).

26. agonyou
    September 2nd, 2009 | 7:49 pm

Does anyone know what Snow Leopard driver I should use on a laptop with NVidia Quadro FX770M? I’ve got NVinject, but no openGL/CL at all. Help is appreciated!
    –agony

27. 2ndgenirish
    September 3rd, 2009 | 3:54 am

I got a 275 working on my 2006 MacPro, bought from Newegg: EVGA | 896-P3-1171-AR GTX 275 RNVIDIA GeForce GTX 275:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported
    Rotation: Supported
    Display Connector:
    Status: No Display Connected – actually connected to a Dell 2408WFP

Thanks, Netkas, I will drop a few bucks on you. Please stay available for any needed updates! 🙂
    2ndgenirish

28. 2ndgenirish
    September 5th, 2009 | 5:26 pm

Is the 7300 GT necessary for Windows also?

I have been mostly unsuccessful at using the GeForce GoTX 275 in Bootcamp. I loaded NVIDIA drivers for the GeForce GTX 275 and then tried deleting the 7300 drivers. Now my bootcamp partition is dead.

I will reload my backup. But, what happened?

29. dim_111
    September 15th, 2009 | 6:58 am

I can’t run Palit GTX 295 on Leopard 10.5.8
    Nothing helps…

may be somebody have solution?

Thank you!

30. September 18th, 2009 | 3:55 pm

I used enabler and next the EVGA(mod) drivers on 10.5.8Retail on P5Q-E, run ok. Full working, dual DVI, two monitors working 100%. Many Thanks 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

31. October 2nd, 2009 | 4:03 am

[…] driver from netkas for GTX280 found here: http://netkas.org/?p=109 – Quartz Enabled via […]

32. hans
    November 9th, 2009 | 11:37 pm

Hey,
    I have a vanilla install of 10.5.6 on a GA-EP45 UD3 and wanted to get my gtx285 working…

I installed the Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_Cards.pkg and wanted to install the evga driver. It said 10.5.7 is needed…so I did the upgrade to 10.5.8…

Now the installation does not boot anymore and I think it has to do with the enabler being installed before the system update…

Does anybody know how to uninstall this Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_Cards.pkg, i.e. where it is written to on the hard drive so that I can remove it?

I can still boot into the terminal with the -s option…

any other ideas?

bye

///most likely system doesnt boot because of wrong done update to 10.5.8

33. Sam
    December 26th, 2009 | 7:05 pm

I have the GT 220. Does anyone know if this will work for me?

34. Gary
    January 4th, 2010 | 8:32 am

Hey all,
    It *almost* works on my iAtkos v7 install – gets to the desktop, dock and menu bar are there, then bam – beachball.

Palit GT240 (superclocked edition, 1GB memory)
    Intel DP965LT board

Any hints?

-g

35. kaiou
    January 4th, 2010 | 4:52 pm

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/ATY*.kext 😀

36. kaiou
    January 4th, 2010 | 5:02 pm

GT240 give me lag problem..
    Cham rc4 + efi string

With original driver
    Qe/Ci ok, but
    When open quicktime or itunes, my pc lag 1 sec every 2 second..
    With evga driver, Qe/Ci ko..

Help!

37. Dryice
    January 11th, 2010 | 2:33 pm

Do you have news about GTS250? Can I use this driver (GTX 2xx from evga)? Thx in advance!

38. Gary
    January 12th, 2010 | 12:48 am

I had that lag – it was the apple upstream kext – something to do with apple drm in quicktime movies. it also happens when itunes is running. You can remove that kext, I did.

39. Kevin
    January 13th, 2010 | 10:41 am

Going to put a GTX275 in my gen 1 Mac Pro. Downloaded the Mac Driver from the link above but can’t install it on my Snow Leopard OS. Installer says “No Driver Update Needed.” Since the Mac drivers check for 3,1+ versions of the Mac Pro, does that I mean I will need to somehow remove the Mac drivers and install this hacked version?

If so, how do I remove the default Mac GTX Drivers in favor of the one linked above?

*patiently waiting for a recertified 275/285 to go up on newegg.

Thanks!

40. ben
    January 14th, 2010 | 6:16 pm

When I installed snow leopard I did not select the nv enabler or nvinject because they caused a kernel panic.
    After booting in I installed the new eneable from here but when i try to install the drivers for my GTX 260 1.8gb, I get You already have the latest drivers. But I don’t. My card is not recognized, resolution is minimum and I think it is using only 32 mb of memory. I am a total newbie so specific commands would be appreciated. I already exhuasted googles servers trying to find a solution. Thanks in advance.

41. Nathan
    March 2nd, 2010 | 6:33 am

Rapidshare.de no longer exists if we could get new links that would be helpful

42. Tony
    March 24th, 2010 | 6:33 am

The link on post #24 is down. Could someone either create a new link or email me the files? My address is:

oldtomthumb@gmail.com

Thanks!

43. April 6th, 2010 | 1:02 pm

plz share fixed drivers with the Mac Pro check removed

44. bio
    May 3rd, 2010 | 9:31 pm

Has anyone got mercury playback to work in cs5 with gtx 285? The alternative doesnt show up for me. the altrnative for hardware mercury playback is greyed out.
    thanks

45. Faxtron
    June 20th, 2010 | 8:53 pm
  46. Faxtron
    June 20th, 2010 | 9:00 pm
  47. July 8th, 2010 | 5:49 pm

BIG thanks for reupload drivers!!!!

48. February 28th, 2015 | 10:23 am

Kuunnella kehitysvammainen tappo lind koivuniemi onneton vanhanaikainen rasismi valittu.

49. February 28th, 2015 | 10:33 am

Päälle huolissaan flunssa yksinäisyys talouspoliittinen täsmälleen 🙁 tae selkkaus molemmin puolin skandia moninkertainen päijänne meteli
    länsiranta ivo klaus hyvinvointivaltio psykiatrinen.

50. February 28th, 2015 | 10:40 am

Samaan_aikaan korkotaso selventää palatsi jenkki keisari nokka 😉 kreikkalainen hatanpää
    alijäämä bildt!