GTX 2xx drivers from EVGA site

This updated drivers work better than the one from quadro4800 disk

the link to them – on evga site

pkg has internal check for computer model (macpro3,1 and macpro4,1)

but did it ever stop somebody ? ;)

fixed pkg linl in comments

Comments

1. Armacham
    June 13th, 2009 | 11:20 am

sweeeet

2. mac_usr
    June 13th, 2009 | 11:34 am

the link is dead

3. Cyclonefr
    June 13th, 2009 | 2:48 pm
  4. June 13th, 2009 | 3:02 pm

MSI 260GTX
    Works!

5. scott_donald
    June 13th, 2009 | 5:36 pm

hey i just bought my gtx285 cant actualy test things till i get home in 4 weeks but do you still need the injector etc???

6. beasse
    June 13th, 2009 | 5:41 pm

Just downloaded.. my GTX 260 is working already but i wil ldefinitely give these a shot!

7. Edwin
    June 13th, 2009 | 8:12 pm

Got rid of my 4890 for a BFG 285GTX OC, installed 10.5.6, update to 10.5.7, run the retail drivers listed above in comments and as soon as start up, monitor is in sleep mode, second monitor (HDTV) is plugged in but not on, will try previous guide for 2xx GTX such as enabler + QE_CI_Exotic_Cards

8. x986123
    June 13th, 2009 | 10:47 pm

Do I have to remove enabler and older driver for this or can I overwrite?

P.S. How Do I remove the Enabler and Driver from before?

9. June 14th, 2009 | 12:11 am

Install instructions would be nice lol. I’m assuming these drivers wont work without the enabler or strings due to “Edwin’s” comment. So what are we supposed to do with this, its like random information…thanks in advance.

10. June 14th, 2009 | 2:47 am

I guess the real question is if this driver can work on a non- EVGA brand gtx200 series boards? and if this can work on pc-version gtx200s and not just the MAC versions?

If this works on non-mac and non-evga cards then this would be a great help for all hackintoshers.

11. seanmcd
    June 14th, 2009 | 8:23 pm

I had the same problem as Evan. I have a BFG 285 OC. Previously had an 8800GTS640 (G80). Replaced the com.apple.boot file from Extra with the default, ran the installer for the 285, boots up but monitor goes into sleep mode. Now I don’t know how to boot up in any type of “safe mode”

12. seanmcd
    June 14th, 2009 | 8:24 pm

Sorry I meant EDWIN not Evan above ^^ :D

13. June 14th, 2009 | 8:42 pm

Sean flag -x -v thats the so called “safe mode” lol….And guys what you’ll have to do is grab the latest injector which is in the root of the blog here. Install that or generate your own strings. Then, install the driver package from the evga site, doesnt matter the manufacturer i would presume, just as long as its an 285. Reboot and you should be good. Injector + driver = QE/CI

14. seanmcd
    June 14th, 2009 | 9:03 pm

Not sure what I’m doing but I’ve tried -x, -x -v, -v -x and it still goes to a blank screen :(

15. bubu
    June 14th, 2009 | 9:14 pm

How about tv out ? Any solutions ?

16. x986123
    June 14th, 2009 | 9:19 pm

It all worked for me. I had the old driver installed. All I did was just install this new driver and reboot. Its all working!

17. June 14th, 2009 | 10:24 pm

Sean you should only have to type in -x -v once, if non of that works, then in order to get into your installation you’ll have to remove nvdaresman.kext and other related files with the -s flag. Do some googling or just reinstall.

18. Rix
    June 15th, 2009 | 12:06 am

There is no “it worked for me” or “it didn’t work for me”. It works. If it doesn’t, you did something wrong. You need the injector and the driver installed at the same time before you reboot.

19. seanmcd
    June 15th, 2009 | 12:28 am

Thanks JaE-V I had to go into single user mode and delete nvdaresman.kext and geforce.kext just to be safe, and was able to get it back to life.

After that, installed the newer Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg, plus the above driver and my 285 is working great. !! Thanks Netkas!

20. Edwin
    June 15th, 2009 | 5:53 am

Hey seanmcd, its EDWIN not Evan, lol! its ok, well I was able to get mine to work by doing the following except without the bootflags… Post #128

Should I do the same except use the new Enabler and the evga driver posted in the comments or just run the driver after this installed? Does dual monitor work for you? As the topic shows, I used the GT200 drivers and the Enabler. My card is working with QE, dual monitors, full res, gaming smooth etc.

Just wondering if there would be any benefit in using the evga drivers? Maybe optimized a little? Greatly appreciate any input!

21. June 15th, 2009 | 10:23 am

netkas,

I have a pny 9800gt 512 meg card,
    it seems like when i am switching into 3d mode, there is like a screeching for about one second then the 3d rendering starts, i know this has nothing to do with your driver, some people talk about choke coils and putting nail polish on the windings, but i am not sure if that is what is the case… the psu is a 550 watt ocz plenty of power… One other thing , this card does not have a PCIE power connection, this is very weird, and it seems like my zoltac 9600gt was faster using xbench that card was larger and had the pcie power connector.

this card is has a sticker that says ” power efficient ” other then that the card seems to work fine.

again some people in forums complain about the GT260 doing something similar with screeching and choke coils.

I just wanted to know if you had any input at all sir
    thank you , as always!

22. seanmcd
    June 15th, 2009 | 2:55 pm

Charles – the sound you hear is very common for recent Nvidia cards. If you google it, you will find all kinds of people experiencing it. I have been through a 275 and two different 285′s recently and every one of them did it. To me, it’s a reduction in quality from Nvidia… If I could determine exactly which component was the culprit, I’d do the nail polish fix. But I’m not going to coat the whole back side of the card to do so…

23. Ben
    June 15th, 2009 | 4:04 pm

@ostrom or anyone with a GTX 260 -
    Can you guys confirm that dual monitors are working? thanks!

24. keith
    June 15th, 2009 | 6:03 pm

Finally got the new hardware to experiment with (another sleepless nights of excitement).

Ok so for those people out there looking for a good HW list for a hackintosh, here what I got.

Here is a great list of HW that just worked on the get go:
    1. Gigabyte UD3P
    2. EVGA GTX260 216
    3. Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S Wireless-G PCI Adapter (detected as a 3rd party airport device)

For the board follow this toturial http://leopardsoup.pbworks.com/ud3p

For the card download this enabler from netkas

Then download this driver from EVGA

Note: Install Enabler then the Driver before rebooting.
    Although the Buffalo card was detected as airport, I can’t manage to connect to our home network. My guess is it is because of the range of this card and the fact that I am placing my CPU at the below my work table. Will try to figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks goes out to:
    NetKas, weaksauce12, Cyclonefr, EVGA

25. June 15th, 2009 | 10:18 pm

Hi Netkas and everyone. Has anyone figured out deep sleep yet for 10.5.7 for the GTX and 4800 series? Thanks in advance.

Gbu,
    Alvin

26. June 15th, 2009 | 10:22 pm

By the way, how come deep sleep for 10.5.7 at least on the 4800 series works when it’s on the VGA? But when it’s on VGA it doesn’t have the proper native resolution (in my case 1440×900) or any of the resolution for widescreen (the LCD will tell you, it’s out of range) and forcing the native resolution to 1440×900 does not work.

I’m using a VGA to DVI adapter to get the proper resolution but there’s no deep sleep. Is there a way to fool OS X that it’s still using the VGA port so it’ll go to sleep but have the proper resolution at the same time?

27. Salami
    June 16th, 2009 | 7:36 am

Sorry, total noob here. I’m currently using Kalyway 10.5.2 and upgraded from a 8600GTS to a GTX275 but now because I used nvinject 256mb I’m not getting a display, I switched cards around and installed that inject.pkg from this site but still have this problem, any assistance please?

28. keith
    June 16th, 2009 | 9:38 am

@ Salami GTX200 series card support is – i believe – currently for 10.5.6 up only. I could be wrong though.

29. Armacham
    June 16th, 2009 | 10:44 pm

afaik its 10.5.7 up.

30. keith
    June 17th, 2009 | 6:48 am

oh yeah 10.5.7 up

31. Jimmy
    June 19th, 2009 | 4:45 am

Do these drivers work for the GTS 250?

32. Daniel
    June 19th, 2009 | 4:53 pm

Success Mac Pro 2006 and GTX260

BFG GeForce GTX 260 OC MAXCORE 55 – OEM 7300GT EFI

Ram is only shown as 512MB in “About this Mac” but After Effects seems to be able to assign the full texture size to the card.

Would not get past blue hang screen with Radeon 2600 OEM EFI but as soon as I replaced with 7300GT it was perfect. Dual DVI works fine

33. sea
    June 20th, 2009 | 12:50 am

my evga285 work very good whit this drivers in my hackintosh !!

Thanks !

34. DB2K
    June 22nd, 2009 | 2:48 pm

Hi guys.. i’m having some problems making those drivers working. I’m using latest netkas injectors and evga driver, plus efi string wich i’m sure do work, but only when i boot in safe mode with -x.
    When i boot normally, only with the -v flag, boot process stops saying:

localhost kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
    localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
    localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

when i do boot in -x -v, i have these:

Jun 22 13:27:40 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
    Jun 22 13:27:40 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 1
    Jun 22 13:27:41 localhost kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
    Jun 22 13:27:41 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
    Jun 22 13:27:42 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl
    Jun 22 13:27:42 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SPAudio support:Taruga
    Jun 22 13:27:42 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
    Jun 22 13:27:42 localhost kernel[0]: ATY_Init: NVIDIA card device-id – 5e2
    Jun 22 13:27:42 localhost kernel[0]: ATY_Init: nvidia card vram size = 939524096 b

and in system profiler (i think reading from the efi string, it was also working only with enablers + evga drivers) :

Chipset Model: GTX260
    Status: No Display Connected

my config:

AMD Athlon X2 5200+
    M3N-HD HDMI
    4GB DDR2 Corsair
    XFX 260gtx+ black edition 896mb

Can somebody tell me what’s wrong?

35. Yolanda
    June 25th, 2009 | 11:10 am

My Geforce GTX 295 works fine with it on my Hackintosh 10.5.7 based on Core2 Duo E8500 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Intel i975X chipset. Geforce GTX 295 have two GT200bs and so detected as two different cards. All three monitors connected to the card work: two LCDs connected one to HDMI and one to DVI and also CRT VGA monitor without any EDID information in it about device, which cause many probles on many Hackintoshes with other graphics cards.
    On older GT200 drivers from Quadro, only one monitor worked and system couldn’t boot up with two or three monitors.

36. x986123
    June 25th, 2009 | 5:56 pm

Is it possible to get two GTX 260′s working? (Not SLI) Just Mac to recognize them and boot using them?

37. Bk93
    June 26th, 2009 | 8:04 pm

need a driver for Nvidia gtx280 for MAC OS Leopard. Help please.

////use gooogle luukee

38. risingf
    June 27th, 2009 | 9:38 pm

Thank you very much Netkas for all the work they are doing but I have a doubt, the installation of the drivers can use a GTX 285 in my pc mac pro but what concerns us in the fact that the link speed has been halved , 2.5 GT / S instead of the 5 GT / S is that normal?

39. darksymphony
    July 7th, 2009 | 3:33 am

I followed the instructions for the eVGA driver w/ the injector from the above link and got my 10.5.7 to fully recognize the video card! However as soon as I plug in a 2nd monitor the video goes blank, the monitors both go to sleepmode (no signal). I unplug the newly added monitor video comes back. I can use any 1 monitor and OS X correctly identifies it, but not both at the same time.

Any ideas?

Using a HPL2335 DVI hookup and a LG L246WP which only has HDMI input (DVI to HDMI cable solves that). I mention the hookups here because I know there are issues w/ Windows drivers and properly detecting HDMI input LCDs as monitors instead of TVs in dual display setups.

40. Paul
    July 17th, 2009 | 8:10 am

Hello,

works fine here with my Gainward GTX260 v2 Limited Edition. Just do like keith says (comment #24). QE/CI OK, Dual DVI works fine too. :)

Just a little problem, my monitor (connected with a HDMI cable on a HDMI to DVI converter) is detected as a television, so the maximum resolution is 1920×1080 (and not 1920×1200), even with “Graphics Mode” set to 1920×1200 in com.apple.boot.plist. I also tested with a DVI-DVI configuration and clicked on “Detect Displays” (not tested with a reboot but…) but always detected as a television, so it seems that it’s not because I was on a HDMI cable (like television). Not a big problem because I have, on my monitor, a mode 1:1 so it’s not stretch. Do you know a solution to detect my monitor Hyundaï W240D V2 as a monitor and not as a television, to have 1920×1200 instead of 1920×1080 maximum in the list ? Thanks in advance.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260:

Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported
    Rotation: Supported

41. Nick
    July 19th, 2009 | 5:50 pm

привет, Неткас.
    эти драйвера работают замечательно с моей gtx280 под леопардом. лучше, чем извлеченные из макпро.. тем, что стало возможным выбрать частоту развертки отличную от 60 Гц.
    я слышал, что под тигра можно адаптировать эти драйвера.
    просто хочется укратить еще одну дикую кошку..
    что скажешь? :)

42. Paul
    July 22nd, 2009 | 12:12 am

It seems that the “1920×1080 problem” (1920×1200 before and not anymore available) is not a problem from this driver. It’s a general bug in 10.5.7, many people have the same problem. In my other computer, I upgraded few hours ago from 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 (NVKush used for the driver) and bam, 1920×1080 too by default and max. possible! It seems that many (not all) people have also the “1920×1200″ entry that disappear (and so, 1920×1080 max. because detected as a TV and not as a monitor now), even if, like me on my other computer, no HDMI cable was used (DVI-DVI only). Before the problem is corrected by Apple, I found, like many, that the software “SwitchResX” allow you to add a custom resolution (whatever the driver used) and works great (check on Google for a tutorial because not easy to do all correctly). ;)

43. thorgal
    July 22nd, 2009 | 8:54 pm

280GTX works and recognised ok.

Only trouble… no CI/QE. Tried different injectors but simply cannot get it to work. Any ideas anyone ?

44. Nick
    July 23rd, 2009 | 4:07 pm

thorgal, use GFX-strings or DSDT injection.
    the last is more preferred. u can give me your DSDT.aml – i’ll insert there gfx section.. also i can cut off some unnecessary devices like ASOC and SIOR.. and the size of aml may decrease almost by twice! =)))

45. Paul
    July 23rd, 2009 | 7:23 pm

Should us do GFX-strings or DSDT injection too if we have no problem? Except… a small problem detected since my last comment: each time my screensaver is started, if I power off my monitor, when I switch ON, I always have some artefacts or sometimes, full screen of… this : http://www.pouet.net/screenshots/24698.gif (like no signal on a television with analogic signal) but I just need to switch OFF and ON again and it’s all. ;) Maybe a DSDT injection can resolve this?

46. Nick
    July 23rd, 2009 | 8:00 pm

очень даже may be :)
    let’s go to ICQ or Skype..
    3363179, nax-nex-nux ;)

47. thorgal
    July 23rd, 2009 | 8:25 pm

Thank you Nick !

It was the most stupid mistake though. I got an older ATY kext in the “extra” folder (I’m on i7) which killed the other kexts in the extensions folder.

All fixed now : thank you Netkas!

48. Nick
    July 24th, 2009 | 3:18 pm

have anyone tested this drivers on tiger? i guess, i need to replace some framework.. also i guess what framework it is..
    but i’m still not sure =)

49. Segana
    July 24th, 2009 | 4:18 pm

Just wanted to say a great big Thank You!!!!

Installed Enabler, then Installed the Drivers, then Rebooted. OS X booted back up and my GTX 275 worked without issue!!!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! :)

50. redguy
    July 24th, 2009 | 7:05 pm

Works absolutely great using iDeneb v1.4 (Leopard 10.5.6), the driver package will tell that it requires 10.5.7, but it works fine here in 10.5.6. I extracted the package using pacifist and then installed the kexts using osx86tools. I’m using this with a GTS 250 from Gigabyte.

51. Nick
    July 27th, 2009 | 6:29 pm
  52. SatMan
    July 29th, 2009 | 4:15 am

Is anyone successfully using the EVGA GTX 295 Coop (single PCB) working with the injectors and drivers? I’m getting a kernal panic with the injector and drivers installed. Working great with the GTX 260!

53. Paul
    July 29th, 2009 | 7:08 pm

Yeahhh, great news Nick!

Netkas, how can we migrate from the EVGA driver to the official Nvidia driver? Maybe not really useful but… And maybe I will not have the small problem that I need to switch off and on 2 times my monitor when… I don’t know if it’s only when my screensaver starts or if it’s because my monitor is off for many hours or a mix, but at each morning when I go to my computer, I need to do that because if I only switch ON 1 time my monitor, I have sometimes artefacts sometimes full screen of that : http://www.pouet.net/screenshots/24698.gif like I said in my comment #45.

So, can you delete the detection of hardware for the official Nvidia driver, like in EVGA driver, and say to us how migrate (mini-guide) and if it’s really useful. And… a small question: what’s the method to allow us to update the graphic driver at each time, like a “generic patch removal the hardware detection of any nvidia drivers (for GTX260, etc. users)” to apply at the updated driver downloaded before installing. :) Thank you so much for your good work! ;)

54. Nick
    July 30th, 2009 | 4:16 pm

Paul, on evga and nvidia sites are similar dmg’s..
    don’t worry ;)

55. Paul
    July 30th, 2009 | 10:01 pm

Thanks Nick. I thought about it but I was not sure so thanks.
    Anyway, it will be cool to allow us to update the driver without problem (a generic patch for example).

Is there a specific thing to do after installing the driver to activate CUDA (to allow applications to use CUDA)? :)

56. Nick
    July 31st, 2009 | 3:17 pm

is there any application for mac that uses CUDA?? :D :D

57. Mario
    August 1st, 2009 | 1:14 am

EVGA GTX 295 Co op Edition works! Go to the following URL. I provided the instructions. Begin reading post #235.

Thank you Netkas and folks for this site.

58. Paul
    August 1st, 2009 | 3:58 am

Hum… I don’t know exactly but at least for the future. And probably in Photoshop and others products of Adobe no? I think Adobe has added that in the Windows version of his products at least so maybe… :)

59. Nick
    August 1st, 2009 | 1:47 pm

time will show ;)
    may be this function appear in mac apps and it’s video drivers at the same time..

60. Alex
    August 4th, 2009 | 8:45 am

Hi all! I have ideneb 1.5.7 and 275GTX. I install driver from link of this topik.. but after rebooting just blue screen :( If i press reset button at second monitor show me desktop and resterting.. And then again blue screen. In save mode it works right, and my GeForce is correct in system info. Can you help me?

61. Paul
    August 6th, 2009 | 5:48 am

Hi all, I was good for the problem with “1920×1200″ not present (only “1920×1080″). It was not the GTX 2xx driver the problem but it was since I installed 10.5.7. Not everybody have this problem but many people. Apple just released the 10.5.8 update and in the description of this one we can see: “an issue that could cause some monitor resolutions to no longer appear in Displays System Preferences.”. ;)

62. heikland
    August 6th, 2009 | 12:20 pm

Hi
    I can confirm that the Official Nvidia drivers works with GTX 260 and GFX EFI string :-)
    QE/QG supported.
    In order to install the drivers, your Model Identifier has to be MacPro2.2 or higher.
    Use a modified smbios.plist in your /Extra folder :-)

My rigg: Asus P5Q-E, Intel Quad Q9450, Vanilla OSX 10.5.7 + Chameleon 2.0 RC2

63. heikland
    August 6th, 2009 | 12:49 pm

And it works with OSX 10.5.8 :-)

My rigg: Asus P5Q-E, Intel Quad Q9450, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, Vanilla OSX 10.5.8 + Chameleon 2.0 RC2

64. Nick
    August 6th, 2009 | 8:37 pm

да что ты говоришь))

65. Paul
    August 7th, 2009 | 11:21 am

Do we need to reinstall the Nvidia driver after the installation of the 10.5.8 update? (10.5.7 now)

66. Paul
    August 7th, 2009 | 11:32 am

@heikland: why do you use GTX EFI string? Maybe a simple question but I didn’t need to do that with the EVGA driver (but with the Enabler on the other side, maybe it’s the reason?).

67. Macwolf
    August 8th, 2009 | 8:31 pm

Wow my PNY 260 GTX on my i7 MacPro works fine
    thanks Netkas

68. heikland
    August 9th, 2009 | 6:02 pm

@Paul

I don`t use any Enabler, only official drivers and EFI string. I want to have my hackintosh as “vanilla” as possible :-)

69. Paul
    August 10th, 2009 | 1:21 am

Thanks for your response heikland. :)

Maybe I will test your solution when Nvidia will release a driver update. So we can choose between Enabler or EFI string for the method. But for the driver, ideally we need to use the “SMBIOS Injection method” to set the identifier to “MacPro” and like this we can update the graphic driver without problem and don’t need to download each time a patched driver (with the detection of true mac removed)? :)

70. Wozza
    August 12th, 2009 | 4:41 am

You need to patch the original installer on a hackintosh. Right click on the installer app, choose “show package contents” and in there is a few folders. If you dig in there you can find the actual driver installers.
    BTW, after installing the EVGA drivers my 9800 GX2 suddenly started working.

71. Wozza
    August 12th, 2009 | 4:42 am

You DON’T need to patch the installer, is what I meant. D’oh

72. Ceddi
    August 12th, 2009 | 9:03 am

i can’t get my new Zotac 260 gtx Synergy to work with my Asrock-DualSata2 (939).
    The old Geforce 8600 GT worked fine with newest driver and the nkush injector.
    1. i tried to remove all video drivers and injector, then installed the newest nvidia driver and netkas injector -> when i boot without flags, something strange happen. After the apple logo the monitor turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on and show me the background image of leopard and my mouse. i can move the mouse but every 5-10 seconds it change from mouse lag to no mouse lag!!?? i cant see the dock or other things, only background. 3 minutes later a bluescreen with my mouse appeared. When i start with safeboot i can login and see the dock, finder… but i’ve got a crazy mouselag there and no quartz extreme. I can change to all resolutions. the system-profiler shows everything right of the graphic card (only quartz extreme unsopported).
    2. So i removed all injectors and video drivers again, installed latest nvidia drivers and used kasakkas efi string method. with this i can boot with no flags and see all of leopard (dock, finder…) but the mouse lag and no quarz extreme support is there too.
    Please help me, i’ve got no ideas to solve this.

my specifications:
    Mainboard: Asrock DualSata2 (939 Socket)
    Graphic: Zotac 260 GTX Synergy (65nm 192, 896 ram)
    Ram: 2 GB DDR1 200 mhz
    CPU: AMD 4200 X2 (2×2,8 Ghz)

73. albatross83
    August 17th, 2009 | 2:06 am

Paul: I’m having the same problem with no QE/CI. Could you elaborate on DSDT.aml? What is it, where is it located, and what changes do I need to make?

74. Paul
    August 18th, 2009 | 8:54 pm

@Wozza: Thanks. I checked and found 3 .pkg (Display Driver.pkg, OpenGL Driver.pkg, Video Driver.pkg) and in these, nothing special. So the “test to detect hardware” is probably in the “main binary driver file” himself no?

@albatross83: I can’t help you on that, I have changed nothing on DSDT specially for the graphic driver.

75. Paul
    August 18th, 2009 | 9:14 pm

@Wozza:

Ah! In the “Display Driver.pkg” > “Archive.pax.gz” extracted, I have a “Archive.pax” file and in this file extracted, I have all the NV*****.kext! :D I just need to copy these files in /Sytem/Library/Extensions and clear cache (or install with Kext Helper of course) to update my driver?

And in the 2 other pkg (“OpenGL Driver.pkg, Video Driver.pkg”), I also have a directory tree with pkg > System > Library > Extensions > “GeForceVADriver.bundle” (for OpenGL Driver.pkg) and many .bundle, few .plugin and 2 .kext (for Video Driver.pkg). I do the same with that? Just copy in my /S/L/E?

And I can update my actual EVGA driver with this technic with a new driver from nvidia.com site when a new driver update will be available (I don’t know if it’s the same driver or a similar driver)? :) (Netkas will probably do a new “topic” if a new driver is available with the technic to update but it’s better if we can do this alone :) ).

76. agonyou
    September 2nd, 2009 | 7:49 pm

Does anyone know what Snow Leopard driver I should use on a laptop with NVidia Quadro FX770M? I’ve got NVinject, but no openGL/CL at all. Help is appreciated!
    –agony

77. 2ndgenirish
    September 3rd, 2009 | 3:54 am

I got a 275 working on my 2006 MacPro, bought from Newegg: EVGA | 896-P3-1171-AR GTX 275 RNVIDIA GeForce GTX 275:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported
    Rotation: Supported
    Display Connector:
    Status: No Display Connected – actually connected to a Dell 2408WFP

Thanks, Netkas, I will drop a few bucks on you. Please stay available for any needed updates! :-)
    2ndgenirish

78. 2ndgenirish
    September 5th, 2009 | 5:26 pm

Is the 7300 GT necessary for Windows also?

I have been mostly unsuccessful at using the GeForce GoTX 275 in Bootcamp. I loaded NVIDIA drivers for the GeForce GTX 275 and then tried deleting the 7300 drivers. Now my bootcamp partition is dead.

I will reload my backup. But, what happened?

79. dim_111
    September 15th, 2009 | 6:58 am

I can’t run Palit GTX 295 on Leopard 10.5.8
    Nothing helps…

may be somebody have solution?

Thank you!

80. September 18th, 2009 | 3:55 pm

I used enabler and next the EVGA(mod) drivers on 10.5.8Retail on P5Q-E, run ok. Full working, dual DVI, two monitors working 100%. Many Thanks :) :) :) :) :)

81. October 2nd, 2009 | 4:03 am

[...] driver from netkas for GTX280 found here: http://netkas.org/?p=109 – Quartz Enabled via [...]

82. hans
    November 9th, 2009 | 11:37 pm

Hey,
    I have a vanilla install of 10.5.6 on a GA-EP45 UD3 and wanted to get my gtx285 working…

I installed the Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_Cards.pkg and wanted to install the evga driver. It said 10.5.7 is needed…so I did the upgrade to 10.5.8…

Now the installation does not boot anymore and I think it has to do with the enabler being installed before the system update…

Does anybody know how to uninstall this Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_Cards.pkg, i.e. where it is written to on the hard drive so that I can remove it?

I can still boot into the terminal with the -s option…

any other ideas?

bye

///most likely system doesnt boot because of wrong done update to 10.5.8

83. Sam
    December 26th, 2009 | 7:05 pm

I have the GT 220. Does anyone know if this will work for me?

84. Gary
    January 4th, 2010 | 8:32 am

Hey all,
    It *almost* works on my iAtkos v7 install – gets to the desktop, dock and menu bar are there, then bam – beachball.

Palit GT240 (superclocked edition, 1GB memory)
    Intel DP965LT board

Any hints?

-g

85. kaiou
    January 4th, 2010 | 4:52 pm

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/ATY*.kext :D

86. kaiou
    January 4th, 2010 | 5:02 pm

GT240 give me lag problem..
    Cham rc4 + efi string

With original driver
    Qe/Ci ok, but
    When open quicktime or itunes, my pc lag 1 sec every 2 second..
    With evga driver, Qe/Ci ko..

Help!

87. Dryice
    January 11th, 2010 | 2:33 pm

Do you have news about GTS250? Can I use this driver (GTX 2xx from evga)? Thx in advance!

88. Gary
    January 12th, 2010 | 12:48 am

I had that lag – it was the apple upstream kext – something to do with apple drm in quicktime movies. it also happens when itunes is running. You can remove that kext, I did.

89. Kevin
    January 13th, 2010 | 10:41 am

Going to put a GTX275 in my gen 1 Mac Pro. Downloaded the Mac Driver from the link above but can’t install it on my Snow Leopard OS. Installer says “No Driver Update Needed.” Since the Mac drivers check for 3,1+ versions of the Mac Pro, does that I mean I will need to somehow remove the Mac drivers and install this hacked version?

If so, how do I remove the default Mac GTX Drivers in favor of the one linked above?

*patiently waiting for a recertified 275/285 to go up on newegg.

Thanks!

90. ben
    January 14th, 2010 | 6:16 pm

When I installed snow leopard I did not select the nv enabler or nvinject because they caused a kernel panic.
    After booting in I installed the new eneable from here but when i try to install the drivers for my GTX 260 1.8gb, I get You already have the latest drivers. But I don’t. My card is not recognized, resolution is minimum and I think it is using only 32 mb of memory. I am a total newbie so specific commands would be appreciated. I already exhuasted googles servers trying to find a solution. Thanks in advance.

91. Nathan
    March 2nd, 2010 | 6:33 am

Rapidshare.de no longer exists if we could get new links that would be helpful

92. Tony
    March 24th, 2010 | 6:33 am

The link on post #24 is down. Could someone either create a new link or email me the files? My address is:

oldtomthumb@gmail.com

Thanks!

93. April 6th, 2010 | 1:02 pm

plz share fixed drivers with the Mac Pro check removed

94. bio
    May 3rd, 2010 | 9:31 pm

Has anyone got mercury playback to work in cs5 with gtx 285? The alternative doesnt show up for me. the altrnative for hardware mercury playback is greyed out.
    thanks

95. Faxtron
    June 20th, 2010 | 8:53 pm
  96. Faxtron
    June 20th, 2010 | 9:00 pm
  97. July 8th, 2010 | 5:49 pm

BIG thanks for reupload drivers!!!!