September 13, 2014
For those waiting for applewatch.
I’ve been using sony’s smartwatch 2 for a half year now. After initially playing a lot with it for few weeks I came to these typical usecases, asuming the phone is in the pocket:
1) read incoming sms/emails. Answering using a watch is JOKE, you will almost never do it, be it dictation, templates, smiles, or onscreen keyboard (like in latest samsung stuff), easier to pull phone off the pocket. wathes vibration help to do not miss any.
2) read notifications from apps.
3) see who is calling you, dismiss call if needed. you don’t want to press answer on watches because the other side will hear you pulling the phone out of pocket.
4) check time and weather on main screen.
5) control music (play, stop, next, etc)
That’s all, rest is just gimmicks you will play with for few weeks.
Not talking about some fitness tracking abilities. It’s just about average Joe.