New natit for Radeon HD cards

this natit works fine with umodified kexts, especialy on 10.5.2

tested to work 2600XT, 3870, not tested 2900, but i guess it should work,

will not  work 2400, because no testers i had.

Works dvi, vga, dual-head, sleep may work or may not work, depends on cards,

because i hardcoded bios dumps to Natit, u can change it in Info.plist.


  1. musicchamber
    August 24th, 2009 | 5:31 pm

    This Natit.kext works great to my ATI Radeon HD 2600XT(0x9588) on Tiger 10.4.11. DVI works too!! Thanks a lot!!

  2. broketchnok
    May 24th, 2010 | 9:12 pm

    Hi ! I’m stuck with a HD2400XT small formfactor.
    Please Help, THX

  3. dcp
    June 29th, 2010 | 9:10 am

    I am using an ATi Radeon HD 2400PRO with your new Natit kext referenced on this page. So far so good. One problem I have had, however, is that I am forced to run the card at 60Hz because of some serious artifacting that appears at 75Hz. Other than that I have been pretty happy with how it works and can adjust the screen resolution even beyond the normal range of my LCD monitor without problems. Here is what I did:

    1. Copied ATIRadeonX2000.kext to Root User desktop and removed all internals except the Contents folder and the Info.plist file. I changed the kext into an injector thereby.
    2. Modified the plist to remove references to executable I removed.
    3. Changed the bundle name to ATIRadeonHD2400XT and the name of the kext to ATIRadeonHD2400XT.kext.
    4. Changed Bundle identifier to incorporate new kext name.
    5. Changed the bundle versions string, short, to 999.9.9 and Bundle version to 9.9.9.
    6. Added my device and vendor IDs (0x94c31002) to IOPCIMatchCategory at head of the line in my modified kext and left everything else alone.
    7. Changed all ATY,Iago and ATY,IagoParent entries in the ATI Radeon HD 2400 series section of the Info.plist in Natit.kext to ATY,Megalodon and ATY,MegalodonParent.
    8. Saved the Natit.kext info.plist.
    9. Cleared all Kext caches using:
    kextcache -k /System/Library/
    kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/
    rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
    10. Rebooted. Worked! Saved my modded Natit and ATIRadeonHD2400XT kexts on another disk for future use.

    I am using 10.5.8 and have been able to do updates from 10.5.6 to the current version without worrying about updates messing with my video settings (updates definitely mess with alterations in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and replace the Info.plist with Apple’s stock settings so creating the injector was necessary). Every update has been flawless so far. Everything is vanilla except the kernel on my rather old machine.

    Now, if only I could remember how to get Snow Leopard to work with this card. I did it once but failed to write it down…

  4. dcp
    June 29th, 2010 | 9:14 am

    Oh, forgot to mention that I am using full DVI with one screen. No adapters were necessary for this card using the method I gave above.

Leave a reply