June 23, 2011
Just use old update guide
- fermi users – reinstall geforce/nvda kexts from 10.6.7 imac2011 update after installing 10.6.8.
- Got panic from appleintelcpupm kext durring installing (have speedstep activated via dsdt), it could be best to use nullcpupm durring installation.
- New applehda was changed too much, easier to use 10.6.7’s one.
- New IOPCIFamily is same as Lion’s, looking forware to 10.6.8 source release if have problems use old iopcifamily and appleacpiplatform kexts.
- fixed atheros wifi with installing this form 10.6.7 update – /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle
10.6.8 qe_ce_exotic removed
NVidia released fermi drivers for 10.6.8 – link
256.02.25f1 vs 256.02.05f01 from imac’s update, not much changes.